V International Conference on organic farming in Belarus
Organic and Sustainable Agriculture: Meeting the Global Challenges
22 February 2017 – Minsk, Belarus
Conference Organizers: NGOs Agro-Eco-Culture, Center of Environmental Solutions, Ecohome, Ministry of Agriculture and Food of the Republic of Belarus.
This conference is organized in the framework of the project ” Sustainable agriculture development for water protection ” financed by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and Coalition Clean Baltic (CCB)
Venue: Conference Center IBB (Gasety Prawda avenue 11, Minsk, Belarus) 10.00-12.00
- Dissemination of information on the development of the organic sector in Belarus and other countries in the context of global challenges and sustainable development goals.
- Exchange of knowledge and experience among different stakeholders on the contribution of organic and sustainable agriculture to solving key global problems.
- Spreading information on major trends, innovations and practices in sustainable agriculture
- Facilitating collaboration for further strengthening the sustainability and resilience of agricultural systems in Belarus and the region.
Expected participants: representatives of state bodies, scientific and educational institutions, food producers (farmers), consumers and all interested people.
The main topics of the conference:
- Organic agriculture in Belarus: development results, problems and plans. Law on organic production. Scientific research for the development of organic agriculture.
- Organic agriculture in the world. International cooperation in the field of organic and sustainable agriculture.
- Agriculture in the 2030 Agenda. Sustainable agriculture and sustainable development goals.
- A new paradigm of agriculture in the 21st century. Modern trends in sustainable agriculture, innovation and practice. Restorative agriculture, climatically optimized agriculture, agroecology, permaculture and other alternative directions as an instrument for increasing the sustainability of agriculture. Family farms as the basis of sustainability.
For registration as a participant or speaker, please fill in the form till February 1, 2018.
Participation is free of charge. Organizers do not have the opportunity to compensate travel and accommodation expenses for the conference participants.
Having questions related to participation and the program of the conference, please write email@example.com or call +375 29 7 28 29 30.
The side event of the conference is the International Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists “Organic Agriculture – the Business of the Young”, dedicated to the 90th anniversary of the birth of Dr.of agr.sc. Korney Ivanovich Dovban. The venue is Mogilev Region, Gorki, Belarusian State Agricultural Academy. Registration – till February 12, 2018. More details here.
You can download this press-release: Conference 2018 Minsk.